Visitors leaving Korea can now conveniently take care of airline check-in and departure procedures from downtown Seoul. Check-in services are offered at Seoul Station City Airport Terminal located within Seoul Station (Seoul Subway Lines 1, 4, Gyeongui Jungang Line, and Airport Railroad Line) and at City Airport, Logis & Travel, Korea (CALT), located near Samseong Station (Seoul Subway Line 2). These services allow travelers to maximize their travel time before their departure from Korea. Instead of lugging around heavy bags, visitors can now check-in early at the airport terminals in downtown Seoul, leaving extra time for sightseeing or last-minute shopping.
Moreover, both terminals are directly serviced by the airport express train or coach buses, providing easy transportation to Incheon International Airport.
Seoul Station City Airport Terminal provides early check-in services for international passengers of Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, and Jeju Air departing from Incheon International Airport. After completing the check-in process, travelers can visit major tourist sites around Seoul Station, such as Gwanghwamun, Namdaemun, and Myeong-dong before heading off to the airport.
When it's time to travel to the airport, travelers can simply take the express line of the Airport Railroad Express (AREX) that travels non-stop from Seoul Station to Incheon International Airport. Riding the AREX express line also allows you to use the designated entrance on the 3rd floor (departure area) of the airport and avoid the rush on the ground floor.
• Location: Seoul Station Airport Railroad, B2
Photos: Ticket vending machine for AREX & Customer Lounge
• Purchasing Sites: Ticketing booth for express train, automatic ticket vending machine (Discounted ticket of 6,900 won available for travelers presenting a airline ticket with Korean Air, Asiana Airlines or Jeju Air)
(Notice: Passengers who intend to take the all-stop train cannot use the check-in services offered by Seoul Station City Airport Terminal.)
* Airport Railroad Express Train (AREX)
Check-in services (seat assignment, mileage accumulation, baggage check) are available for passengers with international flights departing from Incheon International Airport. Checked luggage is claimed at the airport of your destination, not at Incheon Airport.
• Airlines allowing check-in at Seoul Station City Airport Terminal: International flights with Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, and Jeju Air
※ Check-in not available for any other airlines
• Hours: 05:20-19:00 (All passengers must check in at least 3 hours before departure.)
• Baggage allowance: Allowance for free checked baggage may vary by airline, route, or seating, so please check with your airline before departure. Typical baggage allowance for international flights (economy class) is 2 bags weighing up to 20 kg each.
☞ Detailed info on baggage allowance & restricted items: www.airport.kr (Korean, English, Japanese, Chinese)
• Location: Immigration Office, Ministry of Justice
• Hours of operation: 08:00-19:00
• Departure time: 20-40 minute intervals
• Hours: Seoul Station → Incheon International Airport
First train at 06:00, last train at 22:10 (non-stop, travel time: 43 minutes)
(* The AREX can be used by all passengers, including those not using check-in services at Seoul Station City Airport Terminal.)
Passengers who have completed departure procedures at Seoul Station City Airport Terminal may proceed directly to the security check using the designated entrance for diplomats and flight attendants on the 3rd floor of Incheon International Airport.
CALT (City Airport, Logis & Travel, Korea) provides one-stop airport services (check-in, baggage check, luggage inspection, and more) for international flight passengers departing Korea on Korean Air, Asiana Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airlines, and more. Departure procedures are easy and convenient, and airport limousines provide direct transportation to Incheon International Airport.
Passengers who have completed check-in can bypass the heavy foot traffic on the ground floor of the airport by using the designated entrance on the 3rd floor departure area of the airport. The City Airport also offers a wide variety of services, from restaurants and cafés to shops (B2–2F), and is connected to the COEX mall.
• Location: Samseong Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5 or 6
• Airlines eligible for check-in at City Airport: For up-to-date information, visit www.calt.co.kr (Korean, English)
• Hours: 05:20-18:30 (Check-in procedures must be done at least 3 hours and 10 minutes prior to take-off time.)
• Baggage allowance: Allowance for free checked baggage may differ depending on airline, route, or seating, so please check with your airline prior to departure. Typical baggage allowance for international flights (economy class) is 2 bags weighing up to 20 kg each. Checked luggage can be claimed at the airport of your destination, not at Incheon Airport.
* The aforementioned information is subject to change; we recommend checking the official website a few days prior to your departure date. Website: www.calt.co.kr (Korean, English) > City Airport midtown > City Airport Services > Departures
• Location: Immigration Office, Ministry of Justice (2F)
• Hours: 06:00-18:30
• Hours of operation:
CALT → Incheon International Airport (04:15-21:30)
Incheon International Airport → CALT (05:30-20:40)
• Bus intervals: 10-20 minutes
(* Airport limousine buses may be used by all passengers, including those not using check-in services at City Airport.)
Passengers who have completed departure procedures at City Airport may proceed directly to the security checkpoint using the designated entrance (for diplomats and flight crews) on the 3rd floor of Incheon International Airport.
Last updated on July 13, 2015
* This column was last updated in July 2015, and therefore information may differ from what is presented here. We advise you to check details from the official websites before visiting.